Easiest dish ever, delivering about 1kg of 4 different veg and a dinner everyone likes. From almighty Ottolenghi it’s a rough and ready kinda lasagne, but lighter and so much easier.
Versatile and virtuous, you can swap in other veg depending on the season (just remember to slice v thinly if it’s on the fibrous side, like thinly sliced courgette or sweet potato). I’ve even used dried lasagne, but it was a bit chewy (you could dip in boiling water first.. I actually love chewy).
It can be split 6 ways, but that is rarely the case in our greedy house.
Creamy Baked Lasagne with Spinach and Squash
- 1 pack Feta cheese Use 1/4 as topping. Cheddar will make it heavier
- 1 tub Ricotta or Cream Cheese (as above)
- 250 grams Fresh Lasagne Sheets torn up
- 1 tin Chopped Tomatoes
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 50 ml Water
- 1 Egg
- 50 g Parmesan grated
- 500 g Butternut squash very thinly sliced
- 150 g Baby spinach
- Mix it all up and flatten into a lined cake tin, dot a bit of parmesan and ricotta on top, drizzle with oil and bake, covered with foil for 1.5 hours at 170.
- Remove foil and cook for a further 30 mins. Remove and leave to cool.