These little bites of heaven are quick, easy and contain far less sugar than you think, which make them perfect for everyday treats, lunchboxes (maybe leave out the frosting) and celebrations.
Squash and Cinnamon Muffins with Zesty Frosting
- 200 g finely grated squash (carrot works too)
- 4 eggs
- 175 ml olive oil
- 300 g plain flour
- 175 g light brown sugar
- 2 heaped tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
For the Frosting
- 100 g cream cheese
- 100 g sour cream
- 30 g icing sugar
- 1 orange or clementine zest finely grated
- Preheat oven to 170 C or 160C fan
- MIx all the ingredients for the muffins together andspoon into muffin cases or a non-stick muffin tray.
- Bake for 15-20 mins until golden and springy to the touch.
- Turn out and allow to cool.
- Mix together the frosting ingredients and spoon over the muffins
- Sprinkle a little zest over the muffins.